The Fusion Cell Sorter delivers incredible and easy-to-use multicolor performance. With state-of-the-art fluidic and optical systems, the Cell Sorter's lasers and gel-coupled cuvettes allow for amazing performance and safety.
Policies and Procedures
- Use of the Fusion Cell Sorter costs $30/hour. All times are rounded up to the nearest 15-minute increment. Times under 30 minutes are not charged.
- There are no time restrictions (including after hours) for using the cell sorter by trained individuals. Please inform a TA or Dr. Mortensen when you plan to use the instrument to help with scheduling.
- Cell samples must be filtered prior to sorting.
- A minimum concentration of 106 cells per mL is recommended for optimal sorting. TA-assisted sorts that are estimated to take more than 1 hour to complete must have a minimum concentration of 106 cells per each mL. Exceptions to this policy can be made for precious cell lines.
- TA assistance for cell sorting is available during the time periods indicated on the calendar below.
- A minimum of 24 hours' (48 hours preferred) notice is required for all TA assisted sorts.
- All TA assisted sorts are expected to be completed by 5 pm.
- New tubes will generally not be loaded onto the cell sorter after 4:45 pm. Please plan accordingly.